Archived - Aperture 3: Aperture quits when opening or when upgrade serial number is entered
This article has been archived and is no longer updated by Apple.
After you upgrade Aperture from an earlier version to Aperture 3, Aperture may quit unexpectedly when opening or when you enter the Aperture 3 upgrade serial number.
This issue is resolved in Aperture 3.0.1.
To resolve the issue in Aperture 3.0:
- In the Finder, navigate to /Library/Application Support/ProApps.
- Move the "Aperture System ID" file to the Desktop.
- Open Aperture 3.
- Enter your Aperture 3 upgrade serial number when prompted to do so.
- Enter your previous Aperture version serial number when prompted to do so.
- Once your serial number has been accepted, you can delete the file that you moved to your Desktop (Aperture System ID).
Last Modified: Mar 19, 2014