Archived - Mac OS X Server v10.6: "Cannot replicate a directory with augment user records" when creating Open Directory Replica
If a computer running Mac OS X Server 10.6.x is already bound to the Open Directory Master and you attempt to promote the server to an Open Directory Replica, an alert may appear which states "Cannot replicate a directory with augment user records". You may be unable to promote the server to Open Directory Replica.
The server cannot be bound to the Open Directory Master before you promote it to an Open Directory Replica.
- From the Apple menu, choose System Preferences.
- From the View menu, choose Accounts.
- Click Login Options.
- Click the Edit button that is next to Network Account Server.
- Click Open Directory Utility.
- In Directory Utility, double-click LDAPv3 (you may need to click the lock icon and authenticate first).
- Select your Open Directory Master from the list and
- Click Delete.
You should now be able to promote the server to an Open Directory Replica.