Archived - Xsan 2.2: Windows client unable to copy item from share point via SMB when native extended attributes are enabled
With Xsan 2.2 or later, Xsan volumes can be created or updated to use native extended attributes.
If native extended attributes have been implemented on an Xsan volume, Windows users connecting over SMB may receive a message stating that an item can't be copied from the share point because the item can't be found.
Avoid using native extended attributes when sharing Xsan backed folders for Windows client computers over SMB.
If native extended attributes are already in use, consider editing the /etc/smb.conf file:
- From the Finder's Go menu choose Go to Folder.
- In the Go to Folder dialog box, type "/etc/", then click the Go button.
- Locate the smb.conf file in the etc folder.
- Using these guidelines, edit the smb.conf file from this:
stream support = yes
stream support = no
- Make no other changes. Save the file then restart the SMB service.
Additional information about Xsan 2.2 and native extended attributes is available here.