Archived - Boot Camp: Windows 7 does not detect Target Disk Mode drives
Boot Camp, Windows 7
When running Microsoft Windows 7 using Boot Camp, Windows 7 may not detect the hard drive of an attached computer that is in Target Disk Mode.
- From the Start menu, choose Control Panel.
- Click Hardware and Sound.
- Click Device Manager.
- Click the disclosure triangle by "IEEE 1394 Bus host controllers" to expand it.
- Right-click the entry for the 1394 host controller listed, then select "Update Driver Software...".
- Click "Browse my computer for driver software".
- Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".
- Select "1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller (Legacy)". If you don't see this, select the "Show Compatible Hardware" check box.
- Click Next.
- When the driver has been installed, "Windows has successfully updated your driver software dialog" appears.
- Click Close.
- Close the Device Manager by clicking the X icon.
The Target Disk Mode-connected hard drive should immediately become available in Windows.