iPhone and iPod touch: Home screen icons are magnified or large
iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 32GB/64GB (3rd generation)
If the icons on your Home screen appear too large, the zoom feature may be enabled on your device. Follow the instructions in this article to disable this feature.
Note: Accessibility options, including zoom, are only available on iPhone 3GS and iPod touch (3rd generation).
You can use iTunes to enable or disable any accessibility feature, including Zoom:
- Connect your device to a computer and open iTunes.
- Locate and click on the device under Devices:
- In the Summary pane, click Configure Universal Access:
- Select Neither to disable Zoom:
- Click OK and then click Sync to save the changes to your device.
If you do not have access to a computer or iTunes, use the following steps to disable Zoom on the device.
- On the Home screen, double-tap with three fingers to exit zoom.
- Locate and tap on Settings > General > Accessibility:
- Tap Zoom and turn off using the slider: