Archived - Mac Pro: Apple RAID Card Firmware Update 1.0 reports EFI Firmware Update is required
The Apple RAID Card Firmware Update 1.0 reports "EFI Firmware Update Required" when applied to a Mac Pro (Original) with Apple RAID Card.
Usually this message indicates that you should download and install the latest EFI firmware (Boot ROM) update for your computer. For the Mac Pro (Original), the latest update is the Mac Pro EFI Firmware Update 1.2. However, if your Mac Pro has EFI firmware version MP11.005D.B00, your EFI firmware is up to date, but you may still see this message.
Verify your EFI firmware version in Apple System Profiler.
- From the Apple () menu, choose About This Mac, then click More Info.
- Under Hardware Overview, look at the "Boot ROM Version".
If the version is MP11.005D.B00:
- Open the Utilities folder in the Applications folder on your hard drive.
- Locate the Apple RAID Card Firmware Update application.
- Move it to the Trash.
- Re-download the Apple RAID Card Firmware Update 1.0 and follow its installation instructions.
If the Boot ROM is any other version, install the Mac Pro EFI Firmware Update 1.2, then run the RAID Card Firmware Update again.