iOS: Troubleshooting stereo Bluetooth features
When using a stereo Bluetooth headset or other stereo Bluetooth device with an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch*, certain features may not work as expected. Examples include:
- Pressing previous and next controls has no effect.
- Pressing play/pause control only pauses or starts playback.
- Pressing other headset controls has no effect.
* Stereo Bluetooth is available only on iOS devices that support the A2DP Bluetooth profile. Refer to iOS: Supported Bluetooth Profiles.
If you are able to successfully play audio to your stereo Bluetooth device, your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is working correctly. iOS supports these stereo Bluetooth headset controls:
- Prev/Next (requires iOS 4.1 or later)
Other controls are not supported. In addition, depending on how your device sends commands to the device, some supported controls may not function as expected.
After updating your device to the latest version of the iOS, you may notice that certain features on your stereo Bluetooth headset no longer function as expected. Certain Bluetooth headsets do not fully conform to industry-standard Bluetooth protocols, so changes in the iOS (made to ensure compatibility with industry standards) may affect these devices. This is expected behavior and does not indicate an issue with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
Contact the headset manufacturer for more information.