Archived - iPhoto '08: Viewing videos in iPhoto '08 on Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard may need QuickTime 7
If you have upgraded to Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard and you use iPhoto '08,* playing videos from within iPhoto by double-clicking them may not cause them to play. You will need to install QuickTime 7 (an optional install from the Snow Leopard Install Disc) in order to continue viewing videos in your iPhoto library.
*Note: Watching videos in iPhoto '09 (version 8.0.4 or later) can be done without any additional installs of QuickTime.
QuickTime 7 is also available as a download for Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard but requires updating to at least v10.6.3.
To install QuickTime 7 from your Snow Leopard Install Disc:
- Insert your Snow Leopard Install disc into your computer.
- Once the installer opens, double-click on the Optional Installs folder:
- Double-click the Optional Installs.mpkg package:
- Choose Continue when prompted.
- Select the option for QuickTime 7 then click Continue to start the installation.