Archived - Mac OS X 10.5: Some applications may unexpectedly quit after Java Update 4 is installed
After installing Mac OS X 10.5 Java Update 4, applications such as Mail, Safari, iChat, iMovie, and iPhoto may unexpectedly quit each time they are opened.
Delete the file "JavaPluginCocoa.bundle" located in the "~/Library/Internet Plug-Ins" directory. Follow these steps:
- Click the Finder icon in the Dock.
- From the Go menu, choose Home.
- Double-click Library.
- Double-click Internet Plug-Ins.
- If the JavaPluginCocoa.bundle exists, drag it to the Trash.
- Reopen the application that unexpectedly quit.