iTunes Store reporting error - 3259
One of the following messages may appear in iTunes:
- "iTunes could not connect to the Store. An unknown error occurred (-3259). Make sure your network connection is active and try again."
- "There was an error downloading your music (-3259)"
- When trying to download purchased music, getting error -3259 message in iTunes
- When trying to connect to the iTunes Store, getting error -3259 message
This may occur if you are using an older version of iTunes, having a network connection issue, or when a Firewall protection system on the computer is blocking some communication ports that iTunes need to have open for full functionality.
- Remove any proxy information you have set up.
- Update to the latest iTunes software version.
- Try turning off your Firewall to see if the issue is resolved (this includes the built-in Firewall or a third-party Firewall such as Norton Personal Firewall, McAfee, Symantec, etc.). Learn how to turn off your Firewall:
Important: Information about products not manufactured by Apple is provided for information purposes only, and does not constitute Apple's recommendation or endorsement. Please contact the vendor for additional information.