Archived - iChat: Defaults to HTTPS proxy if both HTTP and HTTPS proxies are defined in Network preferences
If you use iChat with a proxy, and both HTTP and HTTPS proxies are defined in Network preferences (in System Preferences), iChat may always use the HTTPS proxy. Learn how you can use iChat with an HTTP proxy in this advanced article.
To use iChat with an HTTP proxy
- Open iChat.
- From the iChat menu, choose Preferences.
- Select your account in the left pane if you use more than one account.
- Click the "Server Settings" tab.
- Enable "Connect using proxy" but deselect "Use System Preferences".
- Manually enter your HTTP proxy server settings in the iChat preferences window.
- Close iChat preferences.