Final Cut Pro 7.0.3: Release notes
Final Cut Pro 7.0, Final Cut Studio (2009)
Final Cut Pro 7.0.3 is an update to Final Cut Pro 7, which is part of the paid upgrade to Final Cut Studio (2009).
Final Cut Pro 7.0.3
- Final Cut Pro 7.0.3 is compatible with OS X Lion.
- Adds real-time compatibility with Sony XDCAM HD422 720p24/p25/p30.
- Adds Log and Transfer compatibility for Sony NXCAM MPEG2 SD formats.
- Control-G now closes the correct gap in the Timeline under the playhead.
- Fixes several issues with closed captioning .scc files and Print to Tape/Video including:
- Outputting to AJA Io HD now preserves closed caption data.
- When outputting the same sequence multiple times, users can choose different .scc files.
- Print to Tape/Video no longer hangs with certain types of .scc data and Snow Leopard.
- The speed of importing AVCHD with LPCM audio is now similar to other types of AVCHD imports.
- AVCHD thumbnail images in SD are now the correct 4:3 aspect ratio.
- XML export now retains the carriage return when working with text and third-party applications.
- Several memory fragmentation issues have been resolved.
- Localized versions of Final Cut Pro now recognize HDV devices that use the 1080i60/1080i50 FireWire Basic Easy Setups.
- Log and Transfer supports ingesting more than one format recorded to the same SD card.
- Final Cut Pro will no longer occasionally report tape trouble incorrectly when capturing from a tape source.
This section contains release information about Final Cut Pro 7.0.2.
- Drag and drop of files from iTunes works as expected with supported file types.
- Fixes the "Preview Unsupported For This Format" message that would occur occasionally with P2 media recorded to a Firestore FS100 recording device from Panasonic cameras.
- Fixes an issue ingesting from P2 cards with spanned clips which contain more than 80 individual elements.
- Fixes a performance issue with transcoding AVCHD to ProRes on Mac systems using the GeForce 9400M graphics card.
- Fixes an issue with some third-party filters that would cause Final Cut Pro to quit unexpectedly on Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard.
- Markers on multi-cam clips are now preserved when edited into a sequence.
- Log and Transfer function is no longer disabled while using the Share function to export media.
- Media Manager will now copy ProRes media created by AJA Ki Pro.
- Multiple fixes to Change Speed functionality including:
- The term "Duration" in the Change Speed interface is replaced with "Smoothness" which describes the function better.
- Speed keyframes no longer snap to other speed key frames. This improves ease of use when dragging to change speed in the timeline.
- Fixes an issue in which removing a reverse speed change with Ripple Sequence enabled would cause a clip to become half its length.
- For more information on the updates to Share, please see Compressor Release Notes.
This section contains release information about Final Cut Pro 7.0.1.
- Fixes an issue where Final Cut Pro 7.0 could quit when using the AJA lo HD and playing mixed format sequences.
- Fixes an issue when using the new Change Speed dialog to add both "Curve from Start" and "Curve to End" speed ramps on the same clip and the setting for Ripple Sequence was unchecked. This combination of settings would make the clip run backwards for a short time.
- Fixes the issue where changing the length of a speed ramp with the Change Speed dialog using the Length numerical entry box would not work if both "Curve from Start" and "Curve to End" were not activated. Final Cut Pro 7.0.1 allows you to change the speed ramp length when selecting one type of curve.
- Fixes an issue where the Desktop Cinema Display Preview would occasionally tear the bottom of the image when using a Cinema Display as a second display with a MacBook Pro.
- Fixes an issue that would occur when using the Close Gap command. The playhead would need to be on the first frame of the gap to correctly use the Ripple Sequence Markers function. The playhead can now be in the middle of the gap to ripple sequence markers correctly.
- Fixes an issue where video material at 2048x1080 and 2048x1556 frame sizes would show a color shift.
- Adds a ".aif" extension to audio files created using the Voice Over Tool.
- Fixes jittering with Rolling and Crawling titles using Boris Title Generator on interlaced material.
- Fixes a situation where if you edited a freeze frame as the first shot of a sequence, then edited in a second shot after the freeze frame, the sequence name would change to match the second shot.