Archived - Mac OS X iTunes installer components are disabled
If you're trying to install iTunes for Mac OS X but all of the components in the installer are unchecked and dimmed (disabled, and therefore not installable), follow the steps below so you can complete the install.
- Quit the iTunes installer.
- Quit iTunes.
- Open the /Library/Receipts folder on your hard disk.
- Drag the following files to the Trash:
- iTunesX.pkg (where X is a version number)
- Open the iTunes installer again and proceed with the installation.
This document will be updated as more information becomes available.