Archived - iTunes For Windows: Unable to create a new Apple Account or view account information in Windows Vista and Windows 7
Learn what to do if you can't create an Apple Account (Apple ID) for the iTunes Store or sign in to view information for an existing account.
When you try to create a new Apple Account (Apple ID) with iTunes or when you try to view existing account information, this alert appears:
"Could not complete your iTunes Store request. The store may be busy. Check your Internet connection or try again later."
Note: If you are unable to create a new Apple Account (Apple ID) or view Account information in Windows XP or Windows 2000, see this article.
2. If the issue persists, make sure the computer's date is correct:
- On the Start menu, click Control Panel.
- Click "Clock, Language, and Region" and click Date and Time.
- Click the Internet Time tab in the "Date and Time" control panel.
- Click "Change settings".
- If Windows needs your permission to continue, click Continue.
- Select the "Synchronize with an Internet time server" checkbox if it is not selected.
- Choose any server from the Server menu.
- Click Update Now.
- Click OK.
- Click OK in the Date and Time control panel.
3. If the issue persists, follow the steps in iTunes for Windows: iTunes Store Connection Troubleshooting.