iTunes for Windows: About Fast User Switching with Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7
Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, iTunes 7 for Windows, iTunes 8 for Windows, iTunes 9 for Windows, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 7
Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 allow you to quickly change accounts with Fast User Switching. However, if you want to use iTunes with a different account, you must first quit iTunes before switching users.
iTunes will not open. An alert with this message appears:
- "You cannot open the application "iTunes" because another user has it open. Ask the other user to quit the application, then try again."
- iTunes for Windows
- Microsoft Windows XP and XP Professional
- Microsoft Windows Vista
- Microsoft Windows 7
Switch to the account that has iTunes open and quit iTunes.
- Switch to the account that has iTunes open.
- Type the user name and password if prompted.
- Quit iTunes.
- Log in to your account and open iTunes.
Note: If you don't know the other account's password, ask them to log out for you.