Archived - Apple TV (1st generation): Unable to sign in to the iTunes Store with an AOL account
You may see the following message when trying to sign in to the iTunes Store with your AOL account on your Apple TV (1st generation):
"Unable to Sign In
The Apple ID you entered couldn't be found or your password was incorrect. Please try again."
AOL accounts cannot be used on Apple TV (1st generation). If you need to sign in to the iTunes Store with an AOL account on your Apple TV (1st generation), your AOL account will need to be converted to an Apple ID. iTunes Store Support can do this conversion for you.
To reach them, go to the iTunes Store Support page and fill out the form at the bottom of the page. If you see a "Contact Us" button instead of a form, click it and then follow these steps:
- Choose the iTunes Store Account and Billing topic.
- Choose the Managing your Account support topic.
- Click the Get Started or Email Us button.
- Continue following the instructions to contact Support. When filling out the email form, select Specific request: "I can't sign in with my AOL account".
- Click the Send button to send your request to iTunes Store Support.
An iTunes Store Support Advisor will convert your AOL account and contact you via email.