iOS: Syncing all-day events with Outlook may cause events to span two days
iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, Microsoft Outlook 2003, Outlook 2007, Windows XP, Windows Vista
When syncing all-day events from iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to Outlook some events may be spanned over two days in the Outlook calendar.
This can happen when:
- The time zone setting on iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch does not match the Outlook time zone setting
- The daylight saving time option is disabled in Outlook
- The time zone setting in Outlook or the Outlook calendar has been changed
Note: This article provides some helpful links to the Microsoft Outlook Help and Support center to troubleshoot time zone related calendar syncing issues. Information on how to set up syncing contacts and calendars with Outlook can be found in this document. General troubleshooting tips for syncing contacts and calendars on Windows can be found here.
Set the time zone on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and turn on the calendar time zone support
Note: You can change the time zone on either Windows or Outlook. Changing the time zone setting in Outlook will change the time zone on the Windows system accordingly and vice versa. If you want to set a different time zone in Outlook calendar only see section 3 below.
For more information about the Daylight Saving Time visit the Microsoft Daylight Saving Time Help and Support Center.
- Reset the time zone in Outlook as described in section 1 above to the one that matches the iPhone or iPod touch time-zone setting in which the event was originally created
- Adjust the Outlook calendar time zone. This can be helpful when you travel and need to adjust the computer's time zone but would like to keep the original time zone in your Outlook calendar.
- On the Outlook Tools menu, choose Options.
- Click Calendar Options in the new dialog.
- Click Time Zone and in the new dialog click Change Calendar Time Zone.
- Select the Move appointments created in the Original Time Zone to my new time zone check box.
- Choose the new time zone from the drop down menu.
- Click OK.
More information about time zones and all-day events can be found in the Outlook Help and Support Center, including: