iOS: Wi-Fi settings grayed out or dim
iPad, iPhone, iPod touch
In rare instances, the setting to turn on Wi-Fi on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch may appear "grayed out" or dim. If this occurs, you will not be able to turn Wi-Fi on. You may see the following:
- Settings > Wi-Fi (Wi-Fi setting dimmed):
- Settings > General > About (Missing Wi-Fi address):
Follow these steps to resolve the issue:
- Verify that airplane mode is off by tapping Settings > Airplane Mode.
- Reset the network settings by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
Note: This will reset all network settings, including Bluetooth pairing records, Wi-Fi passwords, VPN, and APN settings
- Ensure that your device is using the latest software. To do so, connect your device to your computer and check for updates in iTunes.
- If your issue is still unresolved, perform a software restore in iTunes.