Archived - iPhone and iPod touch: How to set the default email client in Outlook in Windows
When syncing iPhone, you may receive an error message that states:
"Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Office Outlook and set it as the default mail client."
Set your default email client in the Control Panel.
In Microsoft Windows XP, follow these steps to resolve the issue:
- On the Start menu, click Control Panel.
- Click Internet Options (if you are in Category view instead of Classic, you must first select Network and Internet Connections).
- Click the Programs tab.
- In the E-mail pop-up menu, choose Microsoft Office Outlook as the default mail client.
- Click Apply.
In Microsoft Windows Vista, follow these steps to resolve the issue:
- On the Start menu, click Default Programs.
- Select "Microsoft Office Outlook" on the left side.
- Select "Set This Program As Default" and click OK.