iPod: Does not appear in Windows or iTunes and Device Manager is empty
iPod, iTunes 10 for Windows, iTunes 9 for Windows, Windows XP
After installing a Service Pack update on Windows XP, your iPod may not appear in iTunes or as a disk drive. If your Device Manager is also empty, these steps may resolve your issue.
To begin, first check Device Manager:
- Right-click on My Computer and choose Manage.
- Select Device Manager and check if there are devices listed in the Device Manager. If none are listed, do the following:
- If there are devices listed, see iPod missing in "My Computer" or in iTunes for Windows.
- If there are no devices listed, see the appropriate article below:
- If this started right after you updated your Windows XP computer to Service Pack 2, follow this Microsoft article: Device Manager malfunctions after you install Windows XP Service Pack 2.
- If this started right after updating your Windows XP computer to Service Pack 3, follow this Microsoft article: Device Manager and Network Connections may be blank after you install Windows XP Service Pack 3.