iTunes for Windows can't access the Internet if proxy settings are incorrect
An incorrectly configured proxy can interfere with iTunes accessing the iTunes Store. You should check your proxy settings to see if the settings are the source of your issue.
If you see a message in iTunes when you access the iTunes Store or another online resource, check if other Internet applications, such as your web browser and email client, can connect. If they can't connect, you should try general Internet troubleshooting.
If you're using a web browser other than Internet Explorer and it can connect to the Internet but iTunes can't, see if Internet Explorer can connect. iTunes uses the web proxy settings from Internet Explorer to access Internet content. If your network uses an HTTP proxy, make sure that the settings are correct or disable them.
To check your web proxy settings, follow these steps:
- Open Internet Explorer
- In Internet Explorer, choose Tools > Internet Options.
Note: If you don't see the Tools menu, press Alt-T.
- In Internet Options, click the Connections tab.
- Click the LAN Settings button.
- In the Proxy server section of the Local Area Network (LAN) Settings window, make sure your proxy settings are correct. If they're not, correct them.
- If your settings are correct, turn off the proxy. To do this, deselect Use a proxy server for your LAN.
- Click OK in both the LAN Settings window and the Internet Options window.
- In iTunes, try to access the iTunes Store or another online resource.
You should check your proxy settings with your local network administrator.
See this additional troubleshooting information:
- Can't connect to the iTunes Store
- Network Connectivity Tests
- Advanced iTunes Store troubleshooting
- Performance issues and blank iTunes Store in Windows