Archived - Promise VTrak: Disk Arrays appear twice
Apple Fibre Channel Card, Promise VTrak, Promise VTrak RAID and Expansion Chassis
Multiple instances of a specific RAID Array may appear on a single computer if LUN Affinity and Preferred Controller IDs are not configured.
For best results, configure Promise VTrak RAID units and SAS-Connected Expansion Chassis using the automatic configuration scripts.
If you have already configured your Promise RAID and want to manually enable LUN Affinity and Preferred Controller IDs, follow these steps:
- Connect to the VTrak RAID via the WebPAM PROe administration tool. Later versions of Promise VTrak firmware support Bonjour discovery. If you are unfamiliar with how to locate the Promise RAID on the network, refer to a current version of the Product Manual. If an alert appears in your web browser, see this article.
- Authenticate when prompted. If you are not certain what administrator name and password is assigned to the Promise RAID, refer to the Product Manual.
- Configure global settings:
- Choose Controllers > Controller 1 > Settings.
- Check the "Enable LUN Affinity" checkbox.
- Click Submit.
- Repeat these steps for Controller 2.
- Select Disk Arrays
- Select Disk Array 0
- Select Logical Drives
- Select Logical Drive 0
- Select the Settings tab
- Set the Preferred Controller ID
- Repeat steps 5-10 for each Logical Drive. Attempt to assign an equal amount of logical drives to each Controller module.
- Reboot the computers and verify that each RAID Array now appears as a single instance.