iTunes Store: Invalid, inactive, or illegible codes
The code may be illegible, or when redeemed, an alert message stating that the code is "inactive" or "invalid" may be displayed.
Make sure you've entered the code exactly as it appears on your card. If the code is illegible, try to enter the code as best as you can. Invalid code messages typically mean that the card activation number may have been mistyped. Read your code carefully. The following letters and numbers can look very similar:
- The letter A and the letter H
- The letter B and the number 8
- The letter D and the number 0
- The letter E and the number 3
- The letter G and the number 6
- The letter H and the letter W
- The letter J and the number 1
- The letter M and the letter N
- The letter O and the number 0
- The letter P and the letter F
- The letter Q and the letter O
- The letter Q and the number 0
- The letter S and the number 5
- The letter S and the number 8
- The letter V and the letter U
- The letter Z and the number 2
If you're still unable to redeem your code after verifying the characters in the code, you'll need to contact iTunes Store Support for help. You'll need to provide a digital image of the front and back of the gift card as well as the sales receipt for the purchase of the gift card.
Contacting iTunes Store Support
- Go to the iTunes support page and select your iTunes country.
- From the iTunes support page, choose Contact Support on the lower-left side of the page.
- Follow the instructions to get iTunes Store support assistance.
U.S. Customers: If you need help with an iTunes Gift code purchased or received on Facebook, contact Facebook Customer Support.
Note: Some features or services are not available in some iTunes Store countries.
Below are examples of where you can find your iTunes card's serial number. iTunes Store support may request you provide your iTunes card's serial number in addition to images of your proof of purchase and front and back of your iTunes card in order to provide assistance with your iTunes card redemption. Providing this information when contacting iTunes Store support will help to expedite your inquiry.
Serial number begins with "GCA"
Serial number begins with "60"
Serial number begins with "60" (Australia Gift Cards)
Serial number begins with "EPY"
Serial number begins with "PBH"