Archived - Pro applications on PowerPC computers may quit unexpectedly on launch or quit, or display non-customary menus and dialogs
Aperture, DVD Studio Pro, DVD Studio Pro 1.5 for OS 9, DVD Studio Pro 1.5 for OS X, DVD Studio Pro 2.0, DVD Studio Pro 3.0, DVD Studio Pro 4.0, LiveType, LiveType 2.0, Logic Express 7, Logic Pro 7, Motion 1, Motion 2, Soundtrack, Soundtrack 1.2, Soundtrack Pro 1.x, WaveBurner 1.5
If you experience one or more of the following issues on a PowerPC based computer:
- When you open a Pro application (any listed below), it displays Aqua-themed menus and Open, Save, and Import dialogs instead of the usual Pro appearance.
- A Pro application may quit unexpectedly when you open it, or quit unexpectedly when you choose File > Quit.
These could occur after you update to Pro Application Support 3.0 or 3.1 either manually or using Software Update on Mac OS X 10.3.x and then upgrade or migrate to Mac OS X 10.4.x.
You can check to see if you had previously installed Pro Application Support 3.0 and/or 3.1 by looking in the Software Updates pane in System Preferences.
- From the Apple menu, choose System Preferences.
- From the View menu, choose Software Update.
- Click the Installed Updates button and look for the "Pro Application Support" version 3.0 or 3.1.
To resolve these issues, download and install Pro Application Support 4.