Archived - Burning an audio CD in iTunes for Windows
To burn an audio CD:
- Open iTunes for Windows.
- From the Edit menu, choose Preferences.
- Click the Burning tab.
- Select "Audio CD" as the disc format.
- To have iTunes adjust the volume of the songs so they all play at the same level, click the checkbox labeled "Use Sound Check". This can be useful if your playlist has songs from different albums.
- Click OK.
- Select the playlist you want to burn to the CD. You can only burn a CD from the songs in a playlist.
- Click the Burn Disc button, as shown here.
- Insert a blank CD-R disc and click Burn Disc again.
Tip: If you plan on playing the CD in a home or car stereo CD player, use a blank CD-R disc. If you're only going to play the CD on your computer, you can use either a blank CD-R disc or a CD-RW disc.
Selected playlist and Burn Disc button
If you run into trouble burning an audio disc, read this informative article.
Blank CD-R discs are available from the Apple Store.
A note about copyright
iTunes software may be used to reproduce materials. It is licensed to you only for reproduction of non-copyrighted materials, materials in which you own the copyright, or materials you are authorized or legally permitted to reproduce. If you are uncertain about your right to copy any material, you should contact your legal advisor. See the iTunes Store Terms of Service for additional information.