Archived - QuickTime: Windows troubleshooting tips
QuickTime, Windows OS
- Make sure your computer meets the system requirements.
- Try running ScanDisk to verify that the directory is OK. This is an important step to take before installing any software.
- Try running the stand-alone version of the QuickTime installer in "Safe Mode." It is available here. This can help to isolate issues with background applications, and some driver conflicts.
- Make certain you have installed the most recent drivers for your sound and video cards. Even if you have a "brand new" computer, it is not guaranteed to have the most recent software installed. Contact the manufacturer of your sound and video cards for additional information.
- Make certain you have installed a recent version of DirectX.
Note: Please contact Microsoft Corporation or your computer vendor for help configuring Microsoft Windows.
Related documents30400: "White or gray video when you play a movie with QuickTime or missing software message"
93976: "Trouble installing iPod, iTunes, or QuickTime software in Windows"
93610: "iTunes and QuickTime for Windows: Songs and other audio don't play correctly"
302856: "Troubleshooting an unexpected quit or restart of Windows, iTunes, or QuickTime"
Important: Mention of third-party websites and products is for informational purposes only and constitutes neither an endorsement nor a recommendation. Apple assumes no responsibility with regard to the selection, performance or use of information or products found at third-party websites. Apple provides this only as a convenience to our users. Apple has not tested the information found on these sites and makes no representations regarding its accuracy or reliability. There are risks inherent in the use of any information or products found on the Internet, and Apple assumes no responsibility in this regard. Please understand that a third-party site is independent from Apple and that Apple has no control over the content on that website. Please contact the vendor for additional information.