Archived - Apple TV Fast Start: The New User's Guide for Apple TV (software version 1.x)
This article has been archived and is no longer updated by Apple.
Got a new Apple TV? This handy Fast Start guide will help you install, set up, and teach you how to enjoy your iTunes Store content on your widescreen TV.
Be sure to download the Apple TV Manual.
1) Install the iTunes software firstBefore you configure your Apple TV to use with your Mac or PC computer, you must install or upgrade your computer to the latest iTunes software.
Download the latest version of iTunes iTunes Fast Start: The New User's Guide to iTunes I'm having trouble installing iTunes in Windows I'm having trouble installing iTunes in Mac OS X
2) Connect and Configure Your Apple TVUnderstand what's needed in order to get started and how to connect Apple TV to your widescreen TV. Learn how to configure Apple TV and enjoy your iTunes Store content in your living room.
Show me what I need to get started Show me a guide to Apple TV ports and connectors Show me how to connect the cables Show me how to configure my Apple TV
3) Getting iTunes Content to Your Apple TVNow that your set up is complete, open iTunes and either automatically sync content from your iTunes library or choose what TV shows, movies, photos, or other content you want to watch. You can stream or manually add content from your iTunes library or playlist to your Apple TV.
Show me how to browse and buy videos, movies, and TV shows How do I add my photos to Apple TV? How do I add my podcasts to Apple TV? Does my Apple TV count as one of my five authorized iTunes computers?
4) Managing Your Apple TV and Apple RemoteOnce you've got your TV shows, movies, music, photos, and what have you on your Apple TV, you're good to go. Learn how to enjoy your iTunes Store content and how to ensure that your Apple TV works smoothly with your Apple Remote.
Tell me how to change picture settings for best color display Tell me about the Apple Remote Control Tell me how to pair and unpair the Apple Remote with Apple TV Tell me how to troubleshooting the Apple Remote Tell me how to replace the Apple Remote battery I'm having trouble with my Apple TV and Apple remote
5) Learn MoreWhether you're a Mac or Windows user, the following contains lots of information that will help you enjoy your Apple TV to its fullest.
Tell me what the USB port do on the Apple TV Tell me about IP ports and protocols used by Apple TV Tell me about the status light Tell me how to find my Apple TV serial number Get the latest Apple TV Manual
Need Help?Be sure to visit our Apple TV Support pages to learn more about using Apple TV, troubleshooting issues, and getting service and support.
Tell me about tips and basic troubleshooting for my Apple TV Take me to the Apple TV Support pages Take me to the iTunes Support pages Take me to the Apple TV Service FAQ Take me to the Contacting Apple Service and Support page
- If you need help from someone—anyone—consult with hundreds of other Apple TV users and experts in our Apple TV Discussions forums. You can ask a question, answer a question, or simply read what others have to say.
|Take me to 1: What You Need →|
Last Modified: Feb 18, 2012