Apple DVI to ADC Adapter: Compatibility Table
Learn about the DVI Graphic cards, and displays that are compatible with the Apple DVI to ADC Adapter.
This article has been archived and is no longer updated by Apple.
|Apple DVI to ADC Adapter Compatibility Table|
|15" Studio||17" Studio
|20" Cinema||22" Cinema||23" Cinema
|MacBook and MacBook Pro||13-inch||x||x||x||x||x|
|Mac mini||PowerPC based and Intel based||x||x||x||x7||x|
|Mac Pro||NVIDIA Quadro FX 4500||x||x||x||x||x|
|ATI Radeon X1900 XT||x||x||x||x||x|
|NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT||x||x||x||x||x|
|PowerBook G4 (with DVI port)||12-inch||x||x||x||x||x|
|Power Mac||Radeon 9000 Pro||x||x||x||x||x|
|Radeon 9700 Pro||x||x||x||x||x|
|RAGE 128 Pro||x||x||no||x||no|
Product specifications are subject to change without notice.
* Sold as build-to-order solution.
** Sold by ATI.
- When using the DVI to ADC Adapter to connect the Apple Studio Display 17 LCD to an ATI Rage 128 Pro video card a minimum of Mac OS 9.2.2 or Mac OS X 10.1.3 or greater is required.
- The DVI to ADC Adapter is compatible only with LCD displays. It is not compatible with the Apple Studio Display 17 (ADC), as this is a CRT display.
- Power and sleep functions are NOT supported with the Apple DVI to ADC adapter when used with Intel based systems, iMac G5 systems, and Power Mac G5 (Late 2005) or later systems.
- The only compatible resolution for an Apple Studio Display 17 LCD with the Apple DVI to ADC adapter and any video card is 1280 by 1024 pixels.
- For controls such as brightness control and power and sleep functions, the USB cable from the Apple DVI to ADC adapter needs to be plugged in to the computer. If these functions are not operating as expected, check to make sure the USB cable is connected properly.
- Some applications, including games, may automatically switch to other resolutions when they are opened. This will result in an unreadable image. Depending on the software, you might be able to return to the native resolution by pressing the escape ("Esc") key, quitting the application, or clicking the mouse. If you cannot return to the native resolution, restart the computer. If the software leaves the resolution scrambled after restarting, reset the NVRAM. If resetting the NVRAM does not work, do the following:
- For complete Mac mini and Cinema Display 22-inch DVI to ADC compatibility, go here for more information.
- You can find the Apple DVI to ADC Adapter in the Apple Online store.
Mac OS 9
- Drag the Monitors Preferences folder (located in the Preferences folder in the System folder) to the Trash.
Mac OS X
- Drag the com.apple.windowserver.plist preference file (located in /Library/Preferences) to the Trash.
- When you connect a compatible PowerBook computer to a compatible display using the DVI to ADC adapter, resolutions other than the native display resolution do not scale.
- Some bundled display cards will not work with all ADC features when an display is connected using the Apple ADC to DVI Display Adapter. Some examples of features that may not work with bundled display cards include:
- Starting up the computer by pressing the display's power button when the computer is off.
- Putting the computer to sleep by pressing the display's power button when the computer is on.
- Shutting down the computer by pressing the display's power button when the computer is in Open Firmware mode.
- Use the main power button on the computer.
- Choose Sleep from the Apple menu (Mac OS X) or the Finder's Special menu (Mac OS 9).
- If computer is started in Open Firmware mode, type "shut-down" then press Return.
|75285||Apple DVI to ADC Adapter: Specifications|
Last Modified: Feb 20, 2012