Archived - Opening an iMovie project in Final Cut Express HD
You can open and edit movies created in iMovie with Final Cut Express HD.
Note: Project files created in iMovie 2 or earlier cannot be opened in Final Cut Express HD. To open an iMovie project, follow these steps:
- Open Final Cut Express HD.
- From the File menu, choose Open.
- In the dialog that appears, select the iMovie project you want to open. The iMovie project opens in the Browser and contains the sequence and clips as they appeared in the iMovie clips shelf.
Important: Final Cut Express HD does not import iMovie sound effects, audio levels, or transitions. All other applied effects are imported.
- Double-click the sequence to open the iMovie project in the Timeline.
- Render the sequence if necessary.
Imported clips are linked to the original clips captured and/or rendered in iMovie. These original clips can be found inside the iMovie project bundle for iMovie HD or in the iMovie project's Media folder for versions 3 and 4.Notes
- DV Stream files do not have timecode tracks, so DV media imported from iMovie project files cannot be recaptured.
- Imported iMovie DV files might not play back or print to tape in real time without being rendered first.
- All imported source media must be backed up for future reediting.