Archived - QuickTime: About the QuickTime 6.0.2 Update
The QuickTime 6.0.2 Update addresses certain issues, and updates QuickTime software.
This software updates QuickTime 6.0, or 6.0.1 to QuickTime 6.0.2.
There are two ways to update from QuickTime 6.0, or 6.0.1 to QuickTime 6.0.2.
Automated Software Update Installation
Mac OS X
- 1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
2. Choose QuickTime from the View menu.
3. Click the Update tab.
4. Click Update Now.
Note: QuickTime 6.0.2 is also available as an update in the Software Update pane of System Preferences.
Mac OS 9 and Windows
- 1. Open the QuickTime folder.
2. Open the QuickTime Updater application program. It automatically checks the server, then downloads, and installs the update.
Alternatively, open the QuickTime Player application, and choose "Check for QuickTime Updates" from the Help menu. Make sure you have an active Internet connection before you check for updates.
Note: QuickTime 6.0.2 for Windows is only available in English, French, German, and Japanese.
A standalone installer is available from the QuickTime website (http://www.apple.com/quicktime/).
Enhancements included with this update
- Enhances the security of QuickTime software updates and downloads
- Improves the stability and performance of exporting audio
- Enhances the performance of MPEG-4 playback
- Improves MPEG-4 recording and streaming
- Improves QuickTime Java usability
- Improves AAC audio export feature
Using QuickTime 6 with other applications
Final Cut Pro 3.0.2 has been qualified for use with QuickTime 6 included with Mac OS X 10.2. If you are using an earlier version of Mac OS X, you should continue using QuickTime 5.