Archived - Gigabit Ethernet: No Crossover Cable Required
This document discusses when an Ethernet crossover cable is necessary with gigabit Ethernet capable computers.
Power Mac, PowerBook G4
Connecting a gigabit Ethernet capable computer to any other computer using Ethernet can be accomplished with a standard four pair category 5 or better Ethernet cable. No crossover cable is necessary.
Gigabit Ethernet capable computers include:
- Power Mac G4 (Gigabit Ethernet)
- Power Mac G4 (Digital Audio)
- Power Mac G4 (QuickSilver)
- Power Mac G4 (QuickSilver 2002)
- PowerBook G4 (Gigabit Ethernet)