Archived - Mac OS X Server version 10.5: MySQL libraries available for download
Issue or symptom
MySQL client libraries and headers are not included with Mac OS X Server 10.5. If you are developing a MySQL client application for Mac OS X 10.5, you'll need to download the MySQL client libraries and headers.
The MySQL client libraries and headers are available for download and installation from (http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsource/Current/).
- The MySQL sources are available from (http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsource/tarballs/other/MySQL-43.tar.gz), and also include instructions on using the supplied Makefile.
- A binary download that can be installed on Leopard Server is available from (http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsource/other/MySQL-43.binaries.tar.gz).
- Download the file.
- If the download doesn't automatically produce a folder on your desktop, double-click it to unzip it to a folder named "MySQL-43.binaries" which has a file named "MySQL-43.root.tar.gz" in it (as well as the readme file). Note: Do not double-click/unzip the "MySQL-43.root.tar.gz" file that is within the folder.
- Open Terminal.
- Type cd (but do not press Return).
- Drag the "MySQL-43.binaries" folder from your desktop to the Terminal window to populate the cd path, then press Return.
- Execute this command:
sudo tar -xzvf MySQL-43.root.tar.gz -C /
Important: Information about products not manufactured by Apple is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute Apple's recommendation or endorsement. Please contact the vendor for additional information.