Archived - Nike + iPod Voice Kits: Frequently Asked Questions
Spoken feedback is available in some languages other than English. If you set your iPod to a language in which spoken feedback is available and connect it to your computer, iTunes prompts you to download a version in the other language. If you set your iPod back to English, you can still hear spoken feedback in English. You can have only one non-English version of spoken feedback on your iPod at a time.
Which languages are available?
English has been available since the Nike + iPod Sport Kit was introduced. Japanese, French, Italian, German, and Spanish were released on 16 Oct 2006.
What is the size of a voice kit?
13 MB - 14 MB, depending on the language
What is hardware is required?
- Nike + iPod Sport Kit
- An iPod nano or iPod nano (Second Generation)
- Nike+ ready shoes
- iTunes 7.0.1 or later (Mac or Windows) with an Internet connection1
- iPod nano with iPod nano software 1.3 or later
- iPod nano (Second Generation) with iPod nano Second Generation software 1.1 or later
Where is the voice kit stored once it is downloaded?
Mac ~/Library/iTunes/Nike + iPod Voice Kits/
Windows: C:\Documents and Settings\yourusername\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\Nike + iPod Voice Kits
How do I get a particular voice kit to load onto iPod?
- Make sure you are using the correct version of iTunes on your computer.
- Make sure you are using the correct version of iPod software on your iPod nano.
- If you have never connected the Nike + iPod Sport Kit Receiver to your iPod nano, do so now, wait 10 seconds and then remove the Receiver from the iPod nano.
- Set the iPod to the desired language (Choose Settings > Language).
- Connect iPod nano to your computer and open iTunes if it does not open automatically.
- You will be prompted to download the latest voice kit for that language, if available.
How do I know that I have done these steps correctly?
When you connect iPod you will see the following:
or (in Japanese):
When you click "Install", the iTunes LCD will display the download progress as shown:
What can I do if I experience a problem with a voice kit and want to reload them?
- Delete the "Nike + iPod Voice Kits" folder
~/Library/iTunes/Nike + iPod Voice Kits
C:\Documents and Settings\yourusername\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\Nike + iPod Voice Kits
- Restore iPod nano with latest software
- Pick the language on iPod .
- Connect and disconnect Nike + iPod Sport Kit receiver.
- Connect iPod nano to your computer and make sure iTunes opens.
- Follow the prompts to download the voice kits for that language, if available.
- You must be connected to the Internet to get the voice kits.