Mac Higher Learning: The Next Steps
This article has been archived and is no longer updated by Apple.
You've mastered the basics with your Mac and are emailing, printing, shopping online, and tinkering with all your media and files like a pro. Now what? Time to take your learning to the next level.
Get the Most Out of Your Mac
Get Help with Higher Learning IssuesI get an unknown error when I burn a disc I get a buffer underrun error when I burn a disc in the Finder or iTunes I need help connecting my Mac to a Windows computer for file sharing I'm having trouble syncing information using .Mac Sync The computer to which I want to connect doesn't appear in the Network browser I can't set my Mac into FireWire Target Disk Mode I'm having trouble syncing devices with iSync I can't add a device to iSync I can't print to a printer shared by Microsoft Windows I can't find a shared Windows printer I'm having trouble with AirPort Take me to the product support pages for all Macs Take me to the Mac OS X product support pages Consult with experts and other Mac users in Apple Discussions
- Maximize your MacBook Pro, PowerBook, or iBook battery life
- Prevent certain folders on your Mac from being searched
- Expand your Dashboard collection
- Don't sweat Automator—download actions from others
- Tips for opening and saving files in Mac OS X applications
- Exercise safety with email attachments and downloads
- Choosing good passwords
Last Modified: Feb 20, 2012