Before You Install Final Cut Pro 5
This document contains system requirements and things to do before you install the application and its accompanying applications—Cinema Tools, Compressor, and LiveType. For the latest information, see the Late-Breaking News document, available in the Help menu for each application.
WARNING: The Final Cut Pro 5 Installer checks system requirements before installing. If your system does not meet the minimum requirements listed below, Final Cut Pro will not be installed.
Minimum Hardware Requirements
- A Macintosh computer with a 500 megahertz (MHz) or faster PowerPC G4 or G5 processor (550 MHz for PowerBook G4) or any dual PowerPC G4 or G5 processors
- AGP (Accelerated Graphics Port) Quartz Extreme graphics card
- 512 megabytes (MB) of random-access memory (RAM); 1 gigabyte (GB) recommended
- For HD: A Macintosh computer with a 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster PowerPC G4 or G5 processor and 1 GB of RAM; 2 GB recommended
Minimum Software Requirements
- Mac OS X v10.3.9 or later
- QuickTime 7.0 or later
Available Hard Disk Drive Space
Final Cut Pro and its associated applications require a certain amount of free disk space:
- For application installation: 1 GB available disk space required
- For optional installation of all LiveType content: 12 GB available disk space required
Note: The progress bar that appears when you are installing LiveType content may not indicate the correct time and disk space required for installation.
Before You Install
Make sure you do the following before you install the software:
- Turn off any virus protection and security software that you may have installed on your computer.
- Upgrade to Mac OS X v10.3.9 or later and QuickTime 7.0 or later.