Archived - How to reinstall AppleWorks on an iMac G5, Mac mini, or iBook G4
If you reinstall a localized version of Mac OS X on an iMac G5, Mac mini, or iBook G4, you may need to reinstall AppleWorks separately.
To custom install AppleWorks, follow these instructions:
- Insert your Mac OS X Install Disc 1 into the optical drive.
- Double-click the package named Install Bundled Software Only.
- When you see "Welcome to the Mac OS X Installer," click the Continue button.
- Select your destination disk, click Continue.
- In the next screen, choose the button that says Customize.
- Deselect all checked items in the list of components.
- Click the disclosure triangle next to the line that says "AppleWorks Languages."
- Select the version of AppleWorks that corresponds to the language you would like to use.
- Click the Upgrade button.
For more information on installing the additional applications that came with your computer, see the document called "Read Before You Install," located on the Mac OS X Install Disc 1.