Archived - AirPort: Windows XP users must have Wireless Zero Configuration (WZC) installed to administer an AirPort base station
If you are unable to update to Service Pack 2 for any reason, you may be able to get everything working by ensuring a compatible version of WZC is installed on an XP machine running Service Pack 1. There are a couple of ways to determine if the WZC service is installed, activated, and up to date. To see if the WZC service is installed and active:
- From the Start menu, select Control Panels.
- Double-click Administrative Tools (if you don't see Administrative Tools, you may need to click Performance and Maintenace to reveal them).
- Select Services, and look for Wireless Zero Configuration.
- Make sure that the service is started and that the startup type is set to automatic.
- Navigate to C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\, and locate any of these component files:
- Right-click any of these, and choose Properties from the menu to determine the specific version. You should be using version 5.1.2600.1276 or later.