Archived - Mac OS X 10.2: How to install additional printer drivers from Restore CDs
Mac OS X 10.2
Learn how to custom install additional printer drivers after Mac OS X 10.2 has already been installed.
Important: This document is for use with Mac OS X 10.2 Restore CDs. If you are using a (single) Restore DVD disc, stop here and see this article .
If you have already installed Mac OS X 10.2, you may later install the additional printer drivers by following these steps, or by visiting the printer manufacturer's website for a compatible driver:
- 1. Insert the Mac OS X 10.2 Install Disc 2. See Tips 1 and 2.
2. Double-click AdditionalPrinterDrivers.mpkg. Installer opens.
3. Authenticate by entering your account password when prompted.
4. Select the destination volume that contains Mac OS X 10.2.
5. Click Continue.
The selected software installs.
- 1. You do not need to start up from the Install CD.
2. Optionally, you may open a manufacturer-specific package, such as CanonPrinterDrivers.pkg, EpsonPrinterDrivers.pkg, HewlettPackardPrinterDrivers.pkg, or LexmarkPrinterDrivers.pkg.