Time Capsule 802.11n (1st Generation) - Technical Specifications
Size and weight
- Length: 7.7 inches (197 mm)
- Width: 7.7 inches (197 mm)
- Height: 1.4 inches (36.3 mm)
- Weight: 3.5 pounds (1587 grams)1
- Wi-Fi Protected Access™ (WPA/WPA2)2
- Wireless security (WEP) configurable for 40-bit and 128-bit encryption
- MAC address filtering
- NAT firewall
- Support for RADIUS authentication
- 802.1X, PEAP, LEAP, TTLS, TLS, FAST
- Time-based access control
- Line voltage: 100-240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz, single phase
- Maximum continuous power: 30W
- FCC Part 15 Class B, Canada RSS-210, EN 300-328, EN 301-489, EN 301 893, ARIB STD-T66, RCR STD-T33, AS/NZS 4268: 2003, UL 60950, CSA-C22.2 No. 60950
- 500GB or 1TB 7200-rpm Serial ATA server-grade hard disk drive3
- One Gigabit Ethernet WAN port for connecting a DSL or cable modem
- Three Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports for connecting computers or network devices
- USB port for connecting a USB printer or USB external hard drive
- 802.11n wireless4
Included software and accessories
- AirPort Utility for Mac and Windows
- AirPort Disk Utility for Mac and Windows
- 802.11n Enabler for Mac5
- Bonjour for Windows
- Power cord
- Printed and electronic documentation
- Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
- Storage temperature: -13° to 140° F ( -25° to 60° C)
- Relative humidity (operational): 20% to 80% (non-condensing)
- Relative humidity (storage): 10% to 90%
- Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet
- Draft 802.11n4
- Interoperable with Wi-Fi Certified 802.11a, 802.11b, and 802.11g and 802.11n draft 2.0 Mac computers, Windows-based PCs, and other Wi-Fi devices
- NAT, DHCP, PPPoE, VPN Passthrough (IPSec, PPTP, and L2TP), DNS Proxy, SNMP, IPv6 (6to4 and manual tunnels)
- 2.4GHz or 5GHz
Radio output power
- 20 dBm (nominal)
- Channels 1-11, 36-48, and 149-165 approved for use in the United States and Canada
- Channels 1-13 and 36-64 approved for use in Japan
- Channels 1-13 and 36-140 approved for use in Europe
- Channels 1-13, 36-64, and 149-165 approved for use in Australia, Hong Kong, and New Zealand
|For Mac Users||For PC Users|
|For backup using Time Machine||Mac computer with Mac OS X v10.5.1 or later||-|
|For setup and administration||Mac with Mac OS X v10.4 or later, CD drive, Ethernet or wireless networking capability||PC with Windows XP (SP2) or Windows Vista, CD drive, Ethernet or wireless networking capability|
|For wireless client access||Mac with AirPort or AirPort Extreme wireless capability||PC with 802.11a, 802.11b, or 802.11g card|
|For shared printing with a USB printer||USB printer, Mac with Mac OS X v10.2.7 or later||USB printer, PC with Windows XP (SP2) or Windows Vista; Bonjour for Windows (included on Time Capsule CD)|
|For AirPort Disk with a USB hard drive||Mac with Mac OS X v10.4.8 or later||PC with Windows XP (SP2) or Windows Vista; Bonjour for Windows (included on Time Capsule CD)|
Extended service and support
The AppleCare Protection Plan for your computer covers Time Capsule.
- Weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
- Support for Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA/WPA2) requires Mac OS X v10.3 or later or Windows XP with SP2 or later.
- 1GB = 1 billion bytes and 1TB = 1 trillion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- Time Capsule is based on an IEEE 802.11n draft specification and is compatible with IEEE 802.11a, IEEE 802.11b, and IEEE 802.11g.
- The 802.11n Enabler for Mac works with the following computers: MacBook Pro with Intel Core 2 Duo; MacBook with Intel Core 2 Duo; Mac Pro with AirPort Extreme option; iMac with Intel Core 2 Duo (except the 17-inch 1.83GHz iMac).
Wi-Fi Protected Access is a mark of the Wi-Fi Alliance. Wireless Internet access requires a wireless-enabled computer, a base station or other access point, and Internet access (fees may apply). Some ISPs are not currently compatible with Time Capsule. Product specifications are subject to change without notice.