AirPort Express 802.11n (1st Generation) - Technical Specifications
Size and weight
- Dimensions: 3.7 inches (94.01 mm) x 2.95 inches (75.00 mm) x 1.12 inches (28.5 mm)
- Weight: 6.7 ounces (188 grams)1
- Draft 802.11n2
- Interoperable with Wi-Fi Certified 802.11a, 802.11b, and 802.11g and 802.11n draft 2.0 Mac computers, Windows-based PCs, and other Wi-Fi devices
- NAT, DHCP, PPPoE, VPN Passthrough (IPSec, PPTP, and L2TP), DNS Proxy, SNMP, IPv6 (6to4 and manual tunnels)
- Wi-Fi Protected Access™ (WPA/WPA2) 3
- Wireless security (WEP) configurable for 40-bit and 128-bit encryption
- MAC address filtering
- NAT firewall
- Support for RADIUS authentication
- 802.1X, PEAP, LEAP, TTLS, TLS, FAST
- Time-based access control
Included software and accessories
- AirPort Utility for Mac and Windows
- 802.11n Enabler for Mac
- Bonjour for Windows
- Printed and electronic documentation
- 802.11n wireless
- One 10/100 Ethernet port for connecting a DSL, cable modem or Ethernet network
- USB port for connecting a USB printer 5
- 3.5mm audio minijack for analog or optical digital sound 4
- Built-in power supply
Electrical and environmental requirements
- 100-240V AC, 50-60Hz; input current: 0.2 amps
- Operating temperature: 32° to 95° F (0° to 35° C)
- Storage temperature: -13° to 140° F ( -25° to 60° C)
- Relative humidity (operating): 20% to 90%, noncondensing
- Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet
- Maximum storage altitude: 15,000 feet
- 2.4GHz or 5GHz
Radio output power
- 20 dBm (nominal)
- FCC Part 15 Class B, Canada RSS-210, EN 300-328, EN 301-489, EN 301 893, ARIB STD-T66, RCR STD-T33, AS/NZS 4268: 2003, UL 60950, CSA-C22.2 No. 60950
- Channels 1-11, 36-48, and 149-165 approved for use in the United States and Canada
- Channels 1-14 and 36-64 approved for use in Japan
- Channels 1-13 and 36-140 approved for use in Europe
- Channels 1-13, 36-64 and 149-165 approved for use in Australia, Hong Kong, and New Zealand
For Mac Users
For PC Users
For wireless client access
|Mac with AirPort or AirPort Extreme wireless capability||PC with 802.11a/b/g or 802.11n draft 2.0 card|
For shared printing with a USB printer
|USB printer, Mac with Mac OS X v10.2.7 or later||USB printer, PC with Windows XP (SP2) or Windows Vista; Bonjour for Windows (included on AirPort Express CD)|
|Users with Mac OS X v10.5.7 or later can:
Extended Service and Support
The AppleCare Protection Plan for your computer covers the AirPort Express Base Station.
- Weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
- The AirPort Express Base Station is based on an IEEE 802.11n draft specification and is compatible with IEEE 802.11a, IEEE 802.11b, and IEEE 802.11g.
- Support for WPA requires Mac OS X v10.3 or later. Use of Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) reduces the maximum number of network users. When joining an existing wireless network, AirPort Express only supports WPA-Personal. WPA2 requires a Mac computer with an AirPort Extreme Card and Mac OS X v10.3 or later.
- Requires compatible stereo system or powered speakers.
- Wireless printing over USB requires a compatible printer and Mac OS X v10.2.7 or later or Windows XP, or Windows Vista.
Wireless Internet access requires a wireless-enabled computer, a base station or other access point, and Internet access (fees may apply). Some ISPs are not currently compatible with AirPort Express.
Product specifications are subject to change without notice.