OS X Lion: Quickly switch between accounts
If your computer has multiple user accounts, switching between users can be inconvenient. Normally, to allow another user to log in, you have to log out of your account. With fast user switching, you can allow more than one user to stay logged in to the computer at the same time.
Turn on fast user switching
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, and then click Users & Groups.
- Click the lock icon to unlock it, and then enter an administrator name and password.
- Click Login Options.
- Select “Show fast user switching menu as,” and then choose an option from the pop-up menu.
Quickly switch between user accounts
- Click the fast user switching icon in the menu bar.
- Select another user from the pop-up menu.
- Enter the user’s password, and then click Log In.
- To display the login window when you’re finished working, open the fast user switching menu, and then choose Login Window.