OS X Mavericks: Use a portable Mac with an external display
- Choose Apple menu > System preferences, then click Bluetooth.
- Click Advanced, then select “Allow Bluetooth devices to wake this computer.”
- Close the portable display to put your Mac to sleep.
- Connect the power adapter to your Mac and a power outlet.
- Connect your Mac to an external display.
- If you’re using a USB keyboard, mouse, or trackpad, connect it to your Mac.
If you’re using a wireless keyboard, mouse, or trackpad, make sure it’s turned on.
- Wait a few seconds, then press any key on the external keyboard to wake your Mac.
If your wireless keyboard, mouse, or trackpad isn’t paired with your Mac, Bluetooth Setup Assistant opens so you can pair them.
Last Modified: Oct 23, 2013