OS X Mavericks: Switch quickly between users
Switch quickly between users
If your Mac has multiple users, you can turn on fast user switching to let more than one user stay logged in at the same time.
Turn on fast user switching
- Open Users & Groups preferences, then click the lock icon to unlock it. If necessary, type your password, then click Unlock.
- Select “Show fast user switching menu as,” then choose an option from the pop-up menu.
Quickly switch between users
- Click the fast user switching icon in the menu bar, then select another user.
- Enter the user’s password, then click Log In.
- To display the login window when you’re finished working, open the fast user switching menu, then choose Login Window.
Last Modified: May 8, 2014
Additional Product Support Information