Calendar: If you can’t change a calendar or event
- If you can’t send changes to an event you organized, or can’t change your event status, make sure all your email addresses are listed in your Contacts card.
If the email address you used to send or accept an event isn’t listed, you may not be recognized as the person who created or accepted the event. For information about editing your card, see this Contacts help topic:
- If it’s a subscribed calendar, you can change the calendar name, color, location, and whether it has alerts or attachments, but you can’t change its events.
- If you were invited to share a calendar and were given read-only access, you can view, but not edit, the calendar.
- If you were invited to share a calendar and were given read-and-write access, make sure the person who sent you the invitation hasn’t changed your privileges.
- If you were invited to an event, you can change only your status, the calendar where the event appears, the alerts, and your availability.
- You can’t change birthdays in the Birthdays calendar in Calendar; change the birthdays in Contacts. For more information, see this Contacts help topic:
- If you can’t change the time zone for one or all events, time zone support may be turned off. Choose Calendar > Preferences, click Advanced, and select “Turn on time zone support.”
- If you want to change events on a published calendar, but you deleted the calendar, re-create the calendar with all of its events, give it the same name, and then publish it. The new calendar replaces the previously published one.