OS X Mountain Lion: Transfer files between two Mac computers
There are several ways to transfer files between two Mac computers.
- If both computers are using OS X Lion or OS X Mountain Lion, use AirDrop to send files wirelessly to those near you.
- Copy files over an Ethernet network or a wireless network.
- Use one computer to burn the files on a CD or DVD, and then copy the files from the disc to the other computer.
- Use an external disk, such as a Zip drive, portable USB, or FireWire hard disk, or even a floppy disk if you purchase a USB floppy drive.
- If both computers use OS X, you may be able to use Migration Assistant, which transfers your files and important settings from one computer to another.