OS X Mountain Lion: If an app quits unexpectedly
There are several solutions you can try.
- Reopen the app by clicking Reopen in the dialog that appears when the app quits.
- Restart your Mac by choosing Apple menu > Restart.
- Read the app’s documentation to check if it’s compatible with your version of OS X.
- Open another document in the app. There may be a problem with the document you were trying to open.
- Check to see if any updates to your software are available by choosing Apple menu > Software Update. For apps not made by Apple, look for updates on the manufacturer’s website.
- Disconnect any peripheral devices you just connected (for example, a printer). They may not be compatible with your version of OS X. If disconnecting the device solves your problem, contact its manufacturer.
- Uninstall any plug-ins or enhancements from other manufacturers for the app.
If you recently updated the app or OS X, a plug-in or enhancement you previously installed may no longer be compatible.
- Restart your Mac in safe mode.
- Restart the computer into Apple Hardware Test. Apple Hardware Test can tell you if hardware you installed, such as additional memory, is incompatible, improperly installed, or defective.
If you can’t find Apple Hardware Test, take your computer to an Apple Authorized Service Provider.
- Use Disk Utility to repair your computer’s internal disk.
For more information about apps quitting unexpectedly, visit the Apple Support website.