iTunes Store: How to delete a downloading purchase on iOS
When you make a purchase from the iTunes Store on your iOS device, the purchase will appear in your download queue until it is finished downloading. You can delete items from your download queue.
Deleting an item from your download queue will also cancel the download. To do so:
- Open the iTunes Store app
- Tap More in the bottom-right corner.
- Tap Downloads.
- Swipe left on an item to reveal the delete button.
Cancel an app download
When you download an app, it appears on your Home screen while it's downloading (instead of in your download queue). To cancel an app download:
- Find the app icon on your device's home screen. You may need to swipe to the right if you have more than one page of apps.
- Tap and hold the app icon. All of your apps will begin to wiggle and an X will appear on the corner of the app.
- Tap the X to delete the app.