About the OS X Server v3.1.2 Update
Learn about changes included in the OS X Server v3.1.2 update.
This software updates OS X Server v3.0, v3.0.1, v3.0.2, v3.0.3, v3.1 and v3.1.1 to v3.1.2. It requires OS X Mavericks v10.9.3 or later.
How to install
OS X Server v3.1.2 is available from the Mac App Store. It appears in the Updates pane if you have OS X Server (Mavericks) installed. Click the Update button to install it. To prevent the interruption of services, Server updates are not automatically installed, even if you have chosen to automatically install other updates from the Mac App Store.
During installation you may see the message "Server app replacement detected." This is a normal part of the update process. All Server settings and data are preserved during the update.
After installation is complete, open Server app to finish setting up your previously-configured services.
Server v3.1.2 improves the general stability of OS X Server and delivers the following specific improvements.
- Fixes for Profile Manager deploying profiles containing variables when code signing is enabled
- Improved Profile Manager reliability for sending Volume Purchase Program invitations
- Fixes to enable Profile Manager to manage Device Enrollment Program systems with long descriptive names
- Improvements to Messages Server stability when using Chat Rooms
- Improved delivery of messages to Mail groups. Note: the Mail service cannot deliver messages that contain unencoded 8-bit data to a group.
The OS X v10.9.3 update, which is required for Server v3.1.2, also delivers the following improvements when installed on your server.
- Fixes a problem copying files to an SMB shared folder
- Fixes a problem preventing users with Active Directory accounts from logging into the Messages service
For information about the security content of the OS X Server v3.1.2 update, see Apple security updates.