What's new in iAd Workbench?
June 2014 update
iAd Workbench now offers a wider range of advertising options, along with streamlined billing for line of credit customers.
Rich Media Ads
- You can now choose ads uploaded from iAd Producer—with any combination of features and calls to action—to use in your iAd Workbench campaigns.
- iAd Producer makes it easy for you to design and assemble high-impact, interactive content for iAd. For more information about creating rich media ads with iAd Producer, visit http://advertising.apple.com/tools/iad-producer/.
- You can select any project that’s been uploaded from iAd Producer to your iAd Workbench account. Only standard banner formats are currently supported.
- If you use iAd Blueprints to create ads in iAd Producer, analytic tags are automatically included. You need to tag custom ads manually before uploading for iAd Workbench to be able to track ad performance.
- Banner ads with video destinations can now include an optional call to action to drive users to your mobile web page or iTunes product page.
- iAd Workbench automatically detects if the call to action links to a webpage or iTunes product page and offers a selection of calls to action or iTunes badges.
- A tappable button displaying the call-to-action message appears below the video player. The message is localized based on the language and country preferences on the user’s device.
- If you have a line of credit, you now need to enter at least one billing email address before you submit a campaign. Do this in a new section called Invoicing on the Campaign Summary page.
- Line of credit users can add reference numbers to campaigns and have all campaigns with the same reference number grouped into a single invoice. You can now enter reference numbers in the new Invoicing section on the Campaign Summary page.
Previous iAd Workbench updates
April 2014 update
You can now use iAd Workbench to promote iOS apps or any product or service, including other iTunes Store content. Here’s a summary of new features.
Sign-in / New User
- Now anyone can promote an app or product using iAd Workbench. New users can create an iAd Workbench account for their organization, or be invited to join an existing iAd Workbench account.
- When an administrator invites a new user to join an existing iAd Workbench account, an email invitation is sent to the user, with a link and activation code that provides access to iAd Workbench.
- You can create campaigns to promote an iOS app or any other product, including iTunes Store content. For product campaigns, add a new product by entering its name and choosing a category (and adding an optional product logo). For app campaigns, enter the app’s App Store link.
- You can choose either CPC (cost per click) or CPM (cost per thousand) bidding for your campaigns.
- New targeting parameters include Scheduling, which allows you to select when the ad will run (by time of day and/or days of the week), and a Frequency Cap (for CPM campaigns), which allows you to limit the number of times an ad will be shown to the same person in a given day.
- To create an ad for a product campaign, you simply upload banners for each device type and resolution. Once approved, these banners will also be available for reuse for future campaigns.
- Three ad destination types are available: Video, Website, or iTunes Store. A given ad can only have one of these destination types. For video destinations, you upload the required video files for each device type and resolution, which are also stored for reuse once they’ve been approved. For web and iTunes Store destinations, you simply enter the web page URL or iTunes Store link.
- Ads with a website destination will be delivered as a link out to mobile Safari.
Campaign Management and Delivery
- The Dashboard provides a summary of your CPC and/or CPM campaigns’ performance, including Spend, Impressions, Taps, and Conversions.
- In addition to metrics on Spend, Impressions, Taps, TTR%, Conversions, and Average CPC or CPA, Average CPM is also reported.
- For app download campaigns, your ad will only be shown to users who have not downloaded your app previously to their device.