About the OS X Server v3.1 Update
Learn about changes included in the OS X Server v3.1 Update.
This software updates OS X Server v3.0, v3.0.1, v3.0.2 and v3.0.3 to v3.1. It requires OS X Mavericks v10.9.2 or later.
How to install
OS X Server v3.1 is available from the Mac App Store. It appears in the Updates pane if you have OS X Server (Mavericks) installed. Click the Update button to install it. To prevent the interruption of services, Server updates are not automatically installed, even if you have chosen to automatically install other updates from the Mac App Store.
During installation you may see the message "Server app replacement detected." This is a normal part of the update process. All Server settings and data are preserved during the update.
After installation is complete, open Server app to finish setting up your previously-configured services.
Server v3.1 improves the general stability of OS X Server and delivers the following specific improvements.
- Support for the Device Enrollment Program
- Management of Activation Lock on supervised iOS 7.1 devices
- Management of fonts, AirPrint, Wi-Fi Hotspot 2.0 and Desktop Picture settings
- Improved scalability when syncing with large directories
- Enhanced permissions for accessing My Device portal and for device enrollment
- User profiles for Active Directory accounts on OS X v10.9.2 computers
- Support for uploading a login script
- Improved resiliency if a remote directory server becomes unavailable
- Caching service now indicates if certain content cannot be cached in your country
- Fixes a problem with Mail service that could cause it be shown as active when it was not
- Improves reliability of editing Calendar events with many invitees